I just realized it has been a while since I posted anything to my site. You see, I’ve been busy but not busy at the same time. How is that???
Well, my awesome brother came for a visit, and the Boston weather has turned a bit. Not so much hiding from the winter anymore, and finally getting to sample some of the things that Boston has to offer.
1) We went to the IMAX to see Hunger Games.
3) We went on the Sam Adams Brewery “tour” (notice my quotation marks). Its not really what I would call a tour, but they do give you an awful lot of beer. The Sam Adams brewery then runs a party bus every twenty minutes to a very old pub called Doyles (130 years old). They were the first pub ever to offer Sam Adams on tap, and still do. Not only that – if you mention you came from the tour they give away the special Sam Adams beer glass for free. Fancy!
4) We went on the Fenway Park tour. Now, I have to say here that I am not a baseball fan, and don’t have a special affinity to any team. BUT it was a fantastic tour. If you are ever in the Boston area I highly recommend it. Fenway Stadium turns 100 years old this year, and they are the US’s OLDEST ballpark.
5) I finally got to dine at the unfortunately but hilariously named Clam Box restaurant. Its always packed when its warm – and if you like large platters of various deep fried fishes and carbs, then this is the place for you. I can’t say I thought much of it myself, but hey. I do kinda wish I could get one of their t shirts.
6) Between all this stuff we stopped and ate at many fine restaurants and had many beers at the local bars. My brother is a machine. That boy can stay up late and drink way more than me.
So you see, I’ve been busy, but not crafty busy. Well, I AM still working on the scarf I started to knit back in October. Knitting is sooooo tedious. But I just can’t stop. I have to finish the scarf. I’m like that you know. No unfinished projects on MY table. But no one wants to see pictures of unfinished knitting. So no photos this time.
Now, who’s visiting me next because I really want to go to the planetarium at the Boston Museum of Science?