Well, I finally fished this duvet. And I wasn’t slacking – once I started cutting all the pieces, I realized I was short and had to order more. Here’s a tip:
If you are planning a big project like this, make sure you have all the fabric you need before you start. Especially if it is an older line of fabric that is not really available in retail stores any longer. Thank God for eBay. I managed to find *almost* enough. I ended up inserting some pieces of something slightly different, but I still like the way it turned out.
And Oskar is just so cute sometimes I wanna smoosh his little face in.
I’ve been hanging onto these beautiful pieces of fabric for months. I got them with the intention of making another duvet cover. You can never have enough of those when you have two dogs who are much to fancy for floor sleeping.
I did a quick mock-up in Illustrator for the final layout. Its simple, but I don’t want to be sewing it for days on end. I’m hoping it turns out like this:
I just love this design so much. The vines making up the body of the bird is so clever and striking. These two fabrics are from a collection called “nest” produced by Moda. They were designed by an artist the goes by Tula Pink, and she is divine. I believe this collection came out last year, and it is pretty hard to find anymore. I will put up pictures when my project is finished…
Keep on sewin, sewin ninjas.
I’ve decided that I desperately need an Adobe software update and various other plugins for the mac. I’m taking up a collection. I think $1,000 should just about do it.
If you want to donate money to a good cause, let me know 😉
Seriously, I do need the money.
Not kidding – I’ll take yours.
In the meantime, here is a link to some new uploads. I did do this project with the older software on my teeny tiny laptop screen, and believe me, I suffered.
Hope you’re having a lovely weekend 🙂